1. No smoking on investigations as this may create false ecto mist pictures.
2. Avoid taking pictures in the rain, snow, high winds, or when fog is present. This may also create false anomalies toappear on pictures.
3. When breath is visible due to cold weather, ecto mist pictures will be considered to have a natural explanation.
4. Camera straps should be placed around the neck or wrist, or removed before a picture is taken. This will avoid the ..camera strap getting in front of the lens and creating false vortex-like pictures.
5. Avoid taking pictures of reflective objects, as flash reflections can cause false anomalies on film and video.
6. Be aware of dusty locations, and allow dust to settle before photographing.
7. During warmer months, be aware of insects, humidity, and pollen floating in the atmosphere. All of these can createanomalies that look to be paranormal.
8. Always clean camera lenses and equipment before and after each investigation. Check camera lenses during aninvestigation and make sure they are not smudged, fogged, or dusty.
9. When taking pictures, always look for
cobwebs floating in the air or stretched between two objects. Spider webs
cancreate a line that looks like a streak of light on your picture.
11. No drugs or alcoholic beverages at any time.
12. Do not use any vulgar language while investigating.
13. Cemeteries, buildings, houses, or any other location that we investigate will be treated with respect and leftundisturbed.
14. Always survey the investigation site in
advance. Look for reflective surfaces, background lights, dangerous areas,places to set up equipment, and power lines or any other manmade source
17. Be extremely quiet during investigations,
especially while trying to capture voices on audio tape (EVP).
23. Interview any witnesses that have
experienced paranormal activity at the location being investigated. Write
24. Look at all natural explanations before determining that what you have found is something paranormal. Be skepticalbut open minded.